design'by*blackraeyn;

Friday, July 02, 2004

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Yup.. watched Spider-Man 2 with Ai Lian today. I think the movie rocks! It's definitely better than the first one. But I think Doc Ock is quite creepy and disgusting. Oh and I saw the trailer for 13 Going On 30. I think the movie is quite funny. Jennifer Garner was really hilarious. But the movie is opening only in like 3 weeks' time... 22 July.

Physics prac today was ok I guess. I expected something to do with pendulum or oscillations to come out, but I was quite surprised to see the prac was on electricity. Was kind of happy cos I hate having to deal with the retort stand. But the practical itself was quite a roller-coaster ride. When I had to take the first reading with 1 capacitor, the voltmeter started going haywire. I thought it was supposed to register a fixed reading, but instead the voltage kept going higher and higher until only the number 1 appeared on the screen.. I think the voltage must have been too high. So I raised up my hand but mario didn't see me. I tried to calm myself down, checked that the circuit was properly connected and stuff. Then I tried to take another reading. It was going fine until the number 1 appeared on screen again, and it wouldn't disappear. And the battery was also getting really hot. So I thought the voltmeter was spoilt. I raised up my hand and this time mario saw me. He gave me another voltmeter, but when I tried it again, it also wouldn't work..same problem as the first one. So mario had to ask quek, who was in the lab at that time helping another student, to help me. I think quek also couldn't figure out what was wrong. He was like meddling with the circuit for some time before he called mr chao. After that mr chao left and quek did something to the circuit for a while more before the circuit worked. I still don't know what went wrong. I was given 10 minutes extra anyway. But both quek and mario were really nice... they were like reassuring me and telling me not to worry and stuff and just to take my time and not rush through the practical. I was obviously getting freaked out at that point cos I saw other people already finished drawing the graph and I still hadn't even obtained a reading yet. But in the end I managed to finish on time.

So the final of Euro 2004 is back to where it started from. A repeat of the opening match between Portugal and Greece. I really hope Portugal will win. I realy really don't want greece to win. I can't imagine a small team or a so-called outsider win a major tournament. It's so..inappropriate. But all the teams that I've wanted to win so far have lost. Quite irritating. I just wish it could have been Portugal and Czech in the final. Then I would have been a neutral. Oh and Wimbledon final is also over the weekend. I'm considering going to my aunt's house to watch the final but don't know if my aunt and cousins are here now.

I think The Apprentice rocks! It's only been 2 episodes and so far the girls have been winning. But if I'm not wrong, I remember reading in the papers once that the winner was a guy. Anyway I think the show is quite realistic. It's full of business stuff, which I find quite fascinating. Like really, you get to see how people actually do business and stuff. And then of course there have to be fights.. among the girls. Gosh there's like this woman who has a catfight with almost all the girls. I actually don't really like Donald Trump. He just gives me a poor first impression. But gosh.. he's so rich. He has a private jet, countless of properties and his apartment is like whoa.

Thanks to zsing and shan for the flashing tiara. It's really cute! But I think it's too small for my head. Haha.

posted by vivien at 8:42 AM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger