design'by*blackraeyn;

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Baptised!
I finally got baptised today. Was supposed to have been baptised last year since I actually took the baptism class last year. But I told Pastor Peter I wasn't ready yet, so I postponed it to this year. Anyway, I was a wreck of emotions before the baptism. I was excited but nervous at the same time. And my anxiety heightened when we started singing the doxology, which was just before the baptism. After that Pastor Malcolm Tan called my name so I had to go to the altar bringing the hymnal book. There was a couple who also got baptised. Anyway, basically Pastor Malcolm just read what was written on the hymnal book and we had to say "I do" to the questions. Then after that it was time for the baptism itself. I wasn't really sure how it'd actually work out. Anyway he asked me whether I wanted sprinkling or pouring, so I said sprinkling. Then after that he baptised me and sprinkled water on my head 3 times - once each after he said "Father", "Son" and "Holy Ghost". Then after that he used the water to draw a cross on my forehead. Haha.. didn't expect myself to be so wet. Anyway after that we had to turn around and face the congregation. Pastor Peter recognised me from the interview during the June holidays (to tell him that I was ready to be baptised) and shook my hand before I went back to sit. I also got the baptism certificate, but it was still wet from the water. The sermon after that was quite meaningful..it was really appropriate for today's occasion. Anyway I had to sit in front for the service today cos I was going to be baptised. Was accompanied by my mum in front. My brothers were also at the service but they refused to sit in front. Oh well..think they're too embarrassed haha. Must thank my sunday school class pple for coming to the main service today to support me - zaneta, zhimei, yu wei, raymond, stella, the 2 michelles, hannah, jian jia, dawn, alex, shao onn and lina. I just wish that my dad would also come for my baptism. I knew it'd be a miracle if he came cos he's a non-Christian, but I was just hoping... In the end he didn't come though.

Anyway, after the service, I met up with my class pple and most of us went to the canteen after that to have brunch. There was supposed to be something going on today.. there were like many stalls set up, selling food (like a mini fun-fair), but I didn't feel like eating then so I just bought a drink. We were all in the canteen for quite long..until about 11 I think. Anyway after that I left to meet my family for lunch at Gengis Khan. I really went to pig out there...I'm still full now and lunch was over like 7 hours ago. And I have to eat dinner soon also. The food was of course just absolutely wonderful. But what makes me cherish today's lunch was that my whole family was able to have lunch together. It's really rare for both my parents to be in Singapore at the same time (I think the only other time that has happened this year was Chinese New Year), so I'm really grateful for the times that we're able to spend as a whole family. I seldom see my dad here..he only comes here once in a while and usually he only comes for 2 days at most. My mum..well she comes here more often..like once a month.. but still she only stays here for 2 weeks. Most of the time, it's just me, my brothers and my maid here. I think next year will be even worse.. with me finishing A levels and my brother finishing his O levels.. and with both of us unlikely to be staying in singapore..most likely we'll be going overseas to study. It really makes me sad sometimes not to be able to spend time with my family more. I guess I better treasure the times that I spend with my family more. Anyway after lunch, my mum went back home and my dad went to perth...

Anyway... I switched on the tv yesterday to watch the Olympics and the first thing I saw was Michael Phelps strolling into the pool area for his 400m IM heat wearing his headphones and probably listening to music. Can't believe he's just so relaxed when there're like so huge expectations placed on him. Needless to say, he won his heat. I taped last night's swimming final. I think Phelps won his event with a world record time. But I was more interested in the 400m final which was supposed to be contested between Ian Thorpe and Grant Hackett. In the end I think Thorpe won narrowly. Think he must be really lucky cos he was actually disqualified during the qualifiyings for a false start. I'm looking forward to the showdown between Thorpe and Phelps. I hope Thorpe can win... Oh ya I just realised that for the tennis men's singles, there're like many top players (which I thought was surprising considering that the Grand Slams are actually more prestigious and the US Open is just around the corner..). Think some of the tennis matches should be shown.. so I'm hoping I can watch another Federer-Roddick final. Tonight there's going to be the badminton match between Ronald Susilo and Lin Dan. And I think at the same time they're going to show the swimming finals (the 200m freestyle semifinal should be shown) on another channel. I don't know how I'm going to tape those 2 at the same time.

I feel really bad for myself. The Prelims are just in 2 weeks' time and I haven't started my revision at all (doesn't help to know that some of my classmates have). I'm quite paranoid about prelims, but I still do not have a sense of urgency. Which is really bad. I haven't even finished all my tutorials yet. Just finished Stats 9 this afternoon, which took me like 3 hours to finish. Still have vitamins tutorial and lots of econs stuff. And I still have the HC '03 Physics Prelim paper to do (which I haven't started at all...ok maybe I can consider that revision). Argh!!! I really feel like screaming my hearts out. And I thought I was going to have more time. I actually promised myself to stop watching The O.C. until after prelims (anyway I still have 3 episodes that I haven't watched yet) and maybe Alias also. Then I found out that they're not going to show Alias till 30 Aug and O.C. for quite some time. But then there's the Olympics. And I don't think I can miss it..I mean it's like once in 4 years. And then I must also complete the Stanford application (at least part of it), if I want to submit it in time for Early Action. Oh well.. think I'll figure out a way. But I've set a goal for myself for Prelims and I guess I'll just have to do whatever it takes to achieve my goal even if it means sacrificing some stuff.

Tonight there's going to be a lot of stuff (sports-wise) going on. Besides the Susilo vs Lin Dan match and the 200m freestyle semifinal, there's also the Hungarian Grand Prix and let's not forget the Chelsea vs MU showdown. The odds are stacked against MU this time, but I'm crossing my fingers that they can get at least a point from the match (and hopefully my youngest bro will lose his bet haha). My brothers and I thought that Liverpool would, for sure, win comfortably against Tottenham in the first EPL match, but obviously we were all proven wrong cos Liverpool drew. Thought Liverpool would be better under the new manager but I guess it may be the same old story all over again. I certainly didn't expect Owen to leave and Vieira to stay.

Think I should be eating my dinner now. It's getting quite late.

posted by vivien at 7:27 AM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger