design'by*blackraeyn;

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Today has been a crazy day. I woke up at 12.15; guess the lack of sleep in recent days has finally caught up with me. After a shower, I ate breakfast at like 12.45. Then at 1.30, I ate lunch. It's crazy I know, but for lunch, I ate only like 10+ spoonfuls of rice. After that, rushed down to meet Shuping at Queensway. I was, of course, late. Was supposed to buy tennis racket there. I finally bought one just now, hope I didn't make a mistake in buying that racket. I think the grip is a little too big for me. The only thing I didn't like from buying from that shop was that the shop owners were very unfriendly and rude, but oh well, the racket was the best one I could find. Then we went to walk around. I saw this really nice tennis shirt. Didn't buy it just now, but I think I may buy it when I come back to collect my racket. I also tried on a few skirts at the shop where Shuping bought her jeans. The shop owner was erm.. very friendly haha. I like one of the skirts I tried on but too bad it was too short.

After that, went to Downtown East with Zaneta, Anna and Melissa (Zaneta's cousin) to watch the Planet Shakers' (an Australian Christian band) concert. I felt bad for being late cos by the time we reached there, the queue was like super super long. I didn't expect so many people to be there, but if I didn't hear wrongly, I think there were about 3000 people there. Thank goodness we didn't have to wait long and the queue moved quite quickly. Oh while we were queuing, we saw David Yeo, the Singapore Idol finalist. I think he was going for the concert too. Anyway, the concert was really loud. The band was so energetic; the drummer played so loudly and the guitarists were all like jumping around. But the concert was good and I am really glad I went. During the concert, all of us sat down to hear a message. I think the message was good too. The speaker could like analyze the bible verses and talk about how they apply to our lives. And I think after what I've been feeling this past week, the message was what I needed to hear. After the concert, we went out to see the merchandise. I bought a Planet Shakers CD, quite cheap only $15. They had an autograph-signing session too, which I thought was inappropriate. I mean, it's like so popstar-ish.

This past week has definitely been rough for me. I am constantly feeling anxious and worried, but frankly, I don't even know what I'm worrying about. I just feel burdened, and heavy. Maybe I'm stressed. I'm really slacking in my Chinese class and we're having exams in two weeks. I'm gonna have to be mugging soon..gosh, sounds like the A levels again haha. I'm not really worried about the exams, but what I'm worried about is that deadline for NUS application is in the same week as the exams. I haven't finished my Chinese homework, let alone do the application. The short questions... luckily, I did one of them before for my Berkeley application. I'm not going to do all definitely. Then still have the USP application. And the essay question. Which I haven't thought about. Ah.. I wish Berkeley would let us know their decision earlier. 31 March, in Singapore time, it'll be 1 April. If I get admitted, I won't apply to NUS. But since they'll only tell us on the evening of 31 March (US time), I still have to apply. Sigh.

The lack of sleep is killing me. I feel guilty about it. I couldn't wake up in time on Thursday morning to see my grandparents off cos they were going back. And I promised my mum I would. Even now, I still feel guilty about it. And my grandparents told my maid not to wake me up cos they knew I slept really late. Which makes me feel even worse. The lack of sleep also means I couldn't do my quiet time properly. Was like rushing through it. Definitely not good. Sigh, I feel like I'm drifting away from God.

Oh well, I have to try not to worry too much. Like I mentioned, I don't even know what I'm worrying about. Makes me feel weary all the time. Thankfully, I feel better today. Sigh, have been typing incoherently, just typing what comes to my mind. Shall go to sleep now. I have church later.

posted by vivien at 12:42 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger