design'by*blackraeyn;

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

It's been another busy few days, and I'm now down with sore throat. A real bummer! I'd better recover before I go back.

Let's see.. Sunday, had cell as usual in church. We've finished doing Alpha, so we decided to do comparative religion, which is interesting, but very philosophical and cheem. Went for Experiences 2005, a US uni fair, in the afternoon and met Singaporean seniors studying at CMU. Got most of my questions answered and got to know more people there, which is great :) I asked them what they thought of their freshman year, and most of them said "slack" haha. I also realized that I've got to get my textbooks first cos they're very ex there, but they're very slow in coming up with my schedule! I've to obviously know which courses I'm taking before I can buy e textbooks! And I must also start thinking of what activities I'm going to do on campus. I think I'm most likely going to play intramural tennis and join ACF (Asian Christian Fellowship), but I'll just see what they have and decide later. Need to email my roommate as well; I really have no idea how to email her. Anyway, had dinner at Newton and tried e chilli crab. I think that was my first time trying chilli crab. Nice but too spicy for my liking haha.

Monday.. was invited for lunch, along with a few others, by a Chinese class classmate at her house. Gosh, I can't even begin to describe how beautiful her condo is. She even has a walk-in lift to her house and a poolhouse! Well, sort of. Anyway, from the way she prepared lunch, I can tell she is used to having guests at her house. Lunch was very delicious, and there was dessert as well. She cooked everything herself (with the help of a maid), and what's more, she managed not to use oil when cooking the food, yet everything just tastes so nice! Had a great time catching up with the others. I just couldn't help but feel the tinge of sadness inside me again. Sigh.

And yesterday, met up with Bernice (finally!) for dinner. I think the last time I saw her was like last year at her birthday party haha. We talked for quite some time and after that, had a rather hilarious time taking pictures ourselves haha. But they turned out great :)

Oh I got my ipod mini on Monday and spent the whole of yesterday trying to charge it. I had to connect it to the computer to charge it cos it didn't come with adaptor (maybe that's why it's cheaper). I just have this feeling that I did something wrongly along the way. You see, when I first put in the CD, they asked me to connect the ipod to the comp, so I did. Once you connect it to the comp, it charges automatically and there's the "Do not disconnect" sign on the screen. But after that there was an error so I had to disconnect it. So the ipod was technically charged for only a few minutes the first time! And I couldn't install the iTunes properly, even though I did it twice. Anyway, after that I connected the ipod again and left it to charge. I thought maybe it'd take about 6 hours, at most, 7. But after 12 hours, it was still charging! I thought it couldn't have been charging for that long and must've been fully charged, so I just disconnected the ipod. And even though the ipod was full batt, the batt is now being used up quite quickly I think. Ugh..and they say the batt life is 18hours. Hope there's nothing wrong with my ipod :(

Today.. met up with Jevelin and Zena, two primary school friends! Jevelin called me on Monday..and she laughed at my Indo! :/ A few weeks back, another primary school friend, Hans, called me and he also laughed at my Indo. I know I've lost most of my Indonesian accent, so when I speak Indo now, it's very Singaporean and super unnatural. My primary school friends who've spoken to me recently said that my voice has changed a lot. Apparently, last time I was super soft-spoken haha. And they all said I'm darker. They said I was very fair last time. I used to be one of the tallest last time, but I think I'm now one of the shortest :( Anyway, it was great to catch up with them again. Haven't seen them in like 7 years, even though Zena actually studied in Singapore and I saw her on the plane! Jevelin brought photos from our primary school days and also from the reunion they just had recently. Gosh we looked so cute back then and most of my primary school friends have really changed a lot! Jevelin even kept her autograph book back then in primary school and she told me what I'd written. It was so silly; I laughed till I almost cried. I can't wait to meet the rest when I go back.

I'm actually supposed to go back today, then I postponed it to tomorrow, and this morning, I postponed it to Friday. Haha that's the latest already; I won't postpone it anymore. Sigh..still so many things to do! Think I better sleep early today. Sore throat :(

posted by vivien at 11:40 AM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger