design'by*blackraeyn;

Sunday, August 07, 2005

It's been a wonderful time here back home. Tomorrow (or rather later), I've got to go back to Singapore already (brought it forward 1 day). I'm really sad to be leaving, cos that'll mean 1 day closer to leaving for US (which I'm sort of dreading). Sigh.. when I go back, it'll mean packing and packing and tidying up my room. Hopefully, I'll still have time to go out. So different from my time here. It's been mostly slack and fun. Meeting up with people, going shopping with my mum, talking on the phone for quite long, driving (but at 630!!), tennis, online..

Anyway, today I went out with my primary school friends - Melissa, Jevelin, Anita, Meliana, Novita, Budy, Albert, Hans and Julius. Except for Melissa and Jevelin, I haven't seen the rest for 7 years!! Can't believe that it's been so fast! Gosh we had such a fun and amusing time together. And laughed a lot (of course, they laughed at my voice and my indo haha, as expected). A few comical things happened; the most ridiculous was when Budy when to get his house key from his bro, thinking that he'd reach home earlier than his brother, only to find out that his brother was actually already going to go home while Budy still had to send the rest of us home haha. Had a nice time talking on lots of random stuff and reminiscing our primary school days and laughing at our silly ways back then haha. That was such a long time ago. I think the girls haven't changed much, but the guys oh gosh.. Albert and Julius look so different from back then! Julius especially, even though I'd already seen his photos on Friendster haha. I think the school life here and there is so different. Makes me wonder more often than not what'd have happened if I'd stayed here instead. Anyway, 8 of us went in Budy's car..shall not comment on his driving skills haha..basically lots of speeding. We went to Gading Mall (first there yet), and it's so incredibly big. They have Mall 1, Mall 2, Mall 3! We parked at Mall 3 and walked all the way to Mall 1 to have lunch haha. Obviously, we walked a loooong way but we talked a lot along the way so it didnt really feel long. I realized that the shops here and there are almost the same (Indo is also getting more Westernized). They've Sakae Sushi there which sort of surprised me. Oh ya, there's also Fish & Co, Charles & Keith, Rotiboy, Breadtalk, Crystal Jade La Mian, Sushi Tei, Cafe Cartel. Of course Charles & Keith stuff are more expensive here. What I find ironic is that Rotiboy is originally from Singapore, but I only just tried it here when I went to TA. And it's very popular here too..long queue. Anyway, my friends taught me a lot of Indo slang words and I found it quite amusing that they knew about Singlish too! Apparently, the word 'lah' is quite popular hehe. I think after being here and talking to them for 1 week, I've probably talked a lot in Indo and used their slang (gue, lu, bokap, nyokap, gile, etc.) and sms-ed more in Indo. Sigh..gonna miss my primary school friends. Don't know when I'll be able to see them again. Seems that we're all in different countries. Hopefully we'll still be able to keep in touch with one another.

Also met up with my Chinese class people here as promised, but unfortunately, all of us couldn't meet together because Santana came back late. So I had dinner with Eunike, Diana and Witha at Angke on Monday, and then lunch with Santana at TA on Thursday. But it was nice to see them again. Sigh..gonna miss them and the days we used to sit at the canteen (?) downstairs during the break, talking (and last-minute studying for tests too) till we're late for our class hehe. Hopefully, all of us can still meet together next time.

I've been eating a lot these past 2 days. Gosh.. argh! Ate lots of Indonesian food and when I go back to Singapore, I'll probably be eating a lot also before I leave. Sigh. Anyway, my roommate emailed me first and she sounds like a nice girl. Virginian girl. We've emailed each other a few times, looking forward to seeing her soon. The first time she emailed me, she asked me about room decor, which I haven't even thought of! We decided to lease the MicroFridge (microwave and fridge) and split the costs and she's probably gonna bring a rug. I think e rest we decide later when we've seen our room. Our room is also supposed to be slightly bigger than the rest, which is good. And I finally got my schedule, which sucks. Lots of late classes. Mon Wed Fri it's 1030-1620 and Tues Thurs it's 1530-1920 (so late!!). Thank goodness the 1830-1920 class is only half sem.

I really should be sleeping now. I've driving later at 6.30am and it's now 1am! And I still have tennis and packing to do after that. Sigh..another late night. Anyway, driving has been fun and no major incidents so far (don't want that to change after driving later). Managed to drive to the tennis centre and home from dentist's. I think I'm still having problems with slope and braking in time, but I can definitely drive faster now. Maybe not fast enough though cos the other drivers are still honking at me :(

posted by vivien at 1:00 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger