design'by*blackraeyn;

Saturday, May 13, 2006

I'm so glad the weekend is here! Time to rest a bit after a really draining week. One more paper left (math finance) on tuesday..I hope I'll have the motivation to study for it haha.

Anyway, Liverpool won the FA Cup final on penalties! A very exciting match! I pity West Ham though. They didn't deserve to lose, certainly not on penalties. Penalties are the most cruel way for a team to lose a match. Oh well..Liverpool's comeback abilities cannot be underestimated..or rather Gerrard's comeback skills. He's such an inspirational captain..scored a really stunning last-minute equalizer even though he was limping. I really miss the excitement of watching soccer matches live on tv, though I won't deny that I get overly-excited at times haha. Will not miss the World Cup..

People here are starting to pack their stuff and everything. It dawned on me this morning that I will only be staying in my New House room for 4 more nights. 4 mere nights before I have to move out. I'm really gonna miss my room, people on the floor and New House in general. I can't believe that the coming week will be my last week as a freshman. Where has the year gone to? Whatever happened to my freshman year? So unbelievably fast huh. Can't really put down in words what I feel about my freshman year. To sum up, it has been a memorable and exciting year full of ups-and-downs.

Some things from my freshman year which stand out:
-The friends I've made. Especially jess (aka roommate), xinghao, jiaqi and mingwei. Thank you for all the beautiful memories. You guys have never failed to cheer me up with all your crankiness and corniness haha. Will never ever forget the crazy and out-of-point msn convo, dinner convo, eat-and-park/geagle saturdays, russell peters imitations, bang/bridge/poker+wine friday nights, table tennis/pool nights, bday celebrations, etc etc.
-Mid-sem break. Going down to fallingwater and ohiopyle (such beautiful scenery!), and to grove city the following days. I'll never forget us singing loudly inside the car haha.
-Chicago during Thanksgiving. First trip with friends, and it was so impromptu and arranged last-minute haha. And I'll never forget us waking up late and rushing to the airport to catch the flight back..it was so amazing race haha. Had such a fun time there, even though it was really cold...
-Christmas light-up. Mount Washington was really gorgeous.
-Spring Carnival/booth, which left me with both good and bad memories. It was really satisfying to see the final product though, and even though it was disappointing to get third, I guess what really mattered in the end was the process of building it and seeing the whole booth itself, and not really the result.
-Being in exco and organizing events which is actually quite fun, though it can be really stressful at times, especially if you have a ton of schoolwork to be done at the same time.
-Programming! Haha. Which really drove me nuts. I thought last sem was bad enough, this sem was worse. So far the hardest course I've had to take. I definitely learned a lot, but I'm just glad I don't have to do any more programming. For now.
-All the all-nighters. Due to bad time management heh. And as a result of all-nighters, I ended up skipping classes too.
-Having to be independent and doing things on your own. Not to mention getting homesick.
-Classes...hmm the discussions that went on during classes were really something. And it was quite an eye-opener for someone like me, who usually dare not speak up in class and who's forced to speak up in class now. And attempting to speak in American accent no less. Haha.
-My dorm room! Love the room and its view. My floormates, my RAs, etc.
-Meeting new people.

Hmm..trying to remember more but nothing else came to mind. Of course there're plenty of things I've missed out. But yup..will definitely cherish my freshman year. Sophomore year isn't gonna be the same..

posted by vivien at 2:30 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger