design'by*blackraeyn;

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Today is just one of those days I'm feeling really lazy. Just feel like sitting around and doing nothing at all! I've no idea why. Just feeling quite lethargic, and maybe tired? I think this week has been emotionally and mentally quite draining for me. Just a whole range of emotions which hit me. Perhaps tennis later will do me good.

Watched The Notebook last night and I actually teared/cried towards the end of the movie. I find the movie very touching and the ending is so bittersweet. But yeah... I guess love can be both beautiful and painful, and there were many scenes in the movie which underline how bittersweet and complicated love can be. Forbidden love and making sacrifices for the one that you love. Personally, I found it very sweet that it was the first love for the main characters and despite the obstacles they had to go through, they managed to stay together till the very end. I know I'm such a hopeless romantic, but how often can you find people who stay together with their first loves for the rest of their lives? I'm inspired to read the novel now. I actually like reading Nicholas Sparks novels, even though they normally have very sad endings. Quite a few of his novels have actually been adapted into movies (check out Message In A Bottle and A Walk To Remember). There's just something about the way he portrays love that tugs at my heart.

After that, they decided to watch a bit of Hollow Man. And I was scared to bits. Haha. Yes..I screamed again and I was just acting really silly and all, closing my eyes and ears. Haha. I think I'm probably more scared watching horror movies now than ever. And I don't think Hollow Man is even a horror movie, is it?

Played badminton yesterday and it was good! Haven't played badminton in such a long time (people here also don't really play badminton that often). It's a nice change from tennis I guess. I like playing racket games, like tennis, badminton, table tennis and squash (though I think I play table tennis and squash like I play tennis haha). Hmm..shouldn't restrict myself to playing racket games all the time.

Just found out that ESPN will be showing Wimbledon from 8am to 5pm! Woo hoo! That's like 9 hours of tennis! Okay okay need to exercise control here, especially since there is still World Cup. It's the last week of summer school, so there'll be lots more work to do. Haha.

I realized that I'll miss the first semifinal of World Cup cos I'll be on the plane. And I'll be watching the second semifinal a few hours after I touch down. That will be 3am in Singapore I think! Such an unearthly hour and it's weird to be watching soccer at such an early time after watching all the matches here in the afternoons. But I guess, like Jiaqi said, the jetlag will be good this time. I think my aunt once told me that the jetlag coming here is not so bad, but the jetlag when going back home is worse. I still don't know whether that is really true, but it happened to me when I went back last December. Took a few days, if not a week, to recover properly from jet-lag. Anyway, my brother will be watching soccer with me haha..so at least will not be so lonely. Plus Wimbledon too! (and yes..it's gonna be early in the morning too). There goes the possibility of me sleeping at normal hours haha.

Argentina is drawing with Mexico now. Who knows it will go on to penalty shootouts! That will be quite interesting.

posted by vivien at 3:46 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger