design'by*blackraeyn;

Sunday, July 23, 2006

How my week went:

Tuesday: Pirates of Caribbean with anna, zaneta and saby. Movie was long, but I thought it was quite funny. Johnny Depp is a good actor and Keira Knightley is very pretty! Didn't stay to see what's after the credits, but heard that it was not worth staying for.

Wednesday: Went shopping with mum at parkway parade. Tennis in the evening with mingwei, aaron and jessica. Then dinner with family at din tai fung.

Thursday: Koped quite a few songs from my brother's computer. He even downloaded the power rangers song! Haha. But I still koped that song anyway and it's now in my laptop. I'm listening to the songs I copied and I realize they're pretty much rock/punk rock songs. Haha. Guess I still like rock songs after all. Had dinner to celebrate huiling's birthday at this nice jap restaurant at marina square with jessie, wendy, jane, michelle, yuan jin, dawn and of course huiling (my sec2 classmates!). Nice desserts too..though the dessert portions were quite big. After dinner, saw jolin tsai performed for a while. The place was packed and I couldn't really see her face. Mostly saw her arms haha. Went to ktv at kbox and we got the biggest ktv room I've ever been in. The room even had a stage where people could perform haha. Sang a number of chinese songs, mostly JJ Lin, Jay Chou, FIR. Realized that after a year in CMU, I've heard most of the songs before. Then we sang english songs and it was madness! Haha. Mostly sang songs during our mg days. BSB songs are GREAT for ktv-ing! Had a really funny time singing most of their songs haha. Reminded me of the 5 of us ktv-ing on sunday, when each of us was a Backstreet Boy or a Spice Girl. Haha.

Friday: Woke up early to play tennis with mingwei at safra. It was super hot!! I think I got quite burned, though I think now I'm not as easily sunburned as last time. After that, watched the bowling national team trained for a while. And I met Saby, who was training with the national team. Wanted to have lunch at ikea, but the line was so long! Ridiculously long. It's quite amusing to know that most of the people went to ikea for lunch and not to buy furniture. Jessica joined us for lunch and in the end, we ended up eating at KFC's. Went to queensway to buy tennis shoes after that. Ended up buying the latest model..still feel a little guilty cos the shoes were quite ex, but I couldn't resist the color! My grandparents came to Singapore and we had dinner together with my aunt. Had salmon, sea cucumber and my favorite Boon Tong Kee chicken rice! Really ate a lot. Talked quite a bit to my aunt about NY (just remembered that my cousin is working in manhattan) and recipes. Hopefully, I'll be able to try out some of the recipes (successfully). My youngest brother, albert, bought me a belated birthday present. Aww..thanks a lot!

Yesterday: Woke up at 6.30am to send my other brother, andrew, off (he was going back to perth). I had only seen him for like 10 days (barely) and I'm not going to see him again until december. I asked him how he felt about going back and he just told me that leaving is bittersweet. That probably sums up my feelings as well, though I suspect that I'd probably be more sad to leave than him. I guess my brother and I have sort of grown further apart ever since he left for aussie and I left for US, but I'm still glad that we can still talk non-stop like we used to. Oh well. After that, met with Sin Hui, my ktv buddy from JC, for yes..another ktv session! Haha. Great to catch up with her..pity ai lian couldn't make it. Sang our trademark songs, like "All My Life", "Fixing A Broken Heart", "Where Is The Love" and of course, Eminem songs (though I'm hopeless with rap). Then we took silly photos again. Hahaha. I could not stop laughing cos well..the photos were really silly and funny haha. Thanks for the lovely postcard from rome and coaster from paris! Had dinner with my mum, aunt, cousin and grandparents at east coast. Black pepper crab and chilly crab! Oh my gosh..ate a lot again. Came home to do e2k6 stuff.

Today: Experiences 2006! Was there from like 9am-5pm! Very boring, though there were quite a few people who came by. I noticed that quite a number of the people who came asked about business, and practically no one asked about comp science. I think I'm not the person to ask about school and stuff cos I'm quite a bad talker..could not really talk a lot and I basically just clammed up I think. Bleah. Had popiah for lunch though and family dinner at Mushroom Pot. Steamboat consisting of mostly mushrooms, fish, meat, vegetables, wanton, fish cake, fishballs etc. The mushrooms were quite exotic..so many different types of mushrooms! It was very nice though.

Overall, I guess it's been another tiring week. Didn't help that I barely slept 7 hours each day. The holidays are passing by so quickly; now about 1 month more before I go back. There are still plenty of things left undone. Like reading. I barely read much this week and I definitely want to read 3 or 4 books before I go back! And I still haven't met up with quite a few people yet. I guess it's all a matter of time management and prioritizing. I've probably wasted a lot of time on unnecessary things, which perhaps explains why I always seem to be running out of time.

I've been eating a lot over the past few days. So much for trying to lose weight. And I conclude that my nose is very sensitive to hot food (whether it's hot in temperature or hot in taste).

I think I should also sit down one day and think through the past year properly. I find it disturbing that whenever people asked me how the past year at CMU has been, I'd say "like that loh" or struggle to come up with something nice to say, which usually amounts to "fun". But really. I guess too many things have happened over the past year and it definitely wasn't that rosy. I'm now back to where I was last year..about to leave for US, but I've changed, and everything is so different now.

Getting kindda incoherent and sleepy. Ah well. I should probably sleep now also. Tennis tomorrow morning!

posted by vivien at 11:12 AM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger