design'by*blackraeyn;

Sunday, July 30, 2006

It eventually turns out that I've been going out again every single day this week. Haha. Seems that I'm always running out of time here.

Yesterday, met with Huiling to watch The Lakehouse. Had a delicious lunch (some cheese spaghetti thing) at this place opposite Pastamania. The movie itself was nice I guess, though I find the story a bit confusing. I haven't watched a romantic movie in a while and was kind of looking forward to watching the movie cos of Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. Something I got out from the movie was that true love is able to withstand the test of time, and that it is perhaps worth waiting for your soulmate. And I'm addicted to the songs in the movie, kindda oldies. Check out Paul McCartney's This Never Happened Before.

After that, we decided to go to HMV to listen to a few CDs. Suddenly felt like buying another CD again haha. Was debating between Dashboard Confessional and Electrico. In the end, went for Dashboard. I still want to get Electrico's CD though.

In the evening, went to Jessica's place for Summer Contact II. It was a pretty good turnout I think, but the seniors totally outnumbered the incoming freshies. Nice to meet the incoming freshies, and there's no one from HC! How impossible! Haha. Found out that there's someone who wants to do comp finance and econs too! Sounds like what I'll be doing, except that I've changed my mind to do business (most likely). So that makes it 2 incoming freshies interested in doing comp finance. Seems that more and more people are interested in doing that. Not easy though.

Met Shuping today. Had a nice time catching up and discussing travel plans. The next time I see her will be in New York! Heh can't wait for that and it'll be super exciting. And yeah..can't believe I'll be watching US Open with my dear teammate (and no I don't think I'm as soft-hearted as last time..I don't think I'm even that soft-hearted in the first place la!), even though it's not the same as watching Wimbledon, which is what we promised to do (but I'm sure it'll happen someday haha). Have a safe trip to US and have fun traveling! Gotta let me know how it goes yeah.

Went for church this morning and I thought the sermon was really interesting. It's about how to spend our money and manage our wealth. Serves as a timely reminder that the Lord is the source of our wealth and our happiness.

I know I've been really blessed and I should be thankful for all the blessings that He has given me. But you know, sometimes, I just can't help asking for more, even though I know I should be happy and grateful with what I have. Ah well.

Asked Huiling yesterday about how she found the book Boy Meets Girl so far. And she just told me that one important thing she got from the book is to mix relationships with wisdom (or in her words, use your brains when it comes to relationships, think through it and don't rush into one). Also talked about whether it's important to have a Christian as someone to spend the rest of your life with, or whether it's okay to have a non-Christian. And something she said about that struck me, cos I guess I've never realized it. Something about how Christian values and worldly values are conflicting. I guess basically, if you have two people who don't have the same fundamental beliefs, it's really hard for them to get along and they wouldn't be very compatible. More food for thought..

A jumble of thoughts running through my mind lately, one after another. Going back to Indo tomorrow. Perhaps a change of environment will do me good. Will not be as busy as in Singapore, and I hope I'll have the time to finish reading a few books. Quite looking forward to going back actually, but it feels that I've still some stuff left here to do (and maybe a few people I've yet to meet).

Gonna play tennis tomorrow morning. Better sleep now and do my quiet time before mum nags again. Sigh.

posted by vivien at 12:23 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger