design'by*blackraeyn;

Monday, August 21, 2006

I've been meeting up with, and bumping into, quite a few people over the past few days.

Yesterday, as I was walking out of the sanctuary after the main service, I saw Michelle Lim. Haven't seen her since last year! She's in Cambridge now..don't think she has changed much over the past year. After that, I went to Popular at the Barker canteen and I met Dawn there. Actually, I didn't see her, but she poked me. As I was walking out from Popular, I saw Zaneta and Hannah at the canteen. Went over to talk to Zaneta for a while and she told me about how impressed she was with my brother and how she thought my brother was very mature for his age. Well, maybe quite mature, I guess, to other people, but at home?? Oh man..haha. (I really hope my brother doesn't read my blog). Anyway, saw Jiaqi and his friends when I was having dinner with my family (we ate at the same place). Actually, I saw one of his friends first and thought he look rather familiar, before I saw Jiaqi. Haha. Finally, met Chris, my HC junior, at the bus-stop on the way home. I saw him the other time too on the bus, but didn't get to talk to him yesterday cos he was talking to someone else.

Today, went to NUS to meet a few friends. I haven't been to NUS since last year's open house, and I really think being at NUS feels really different from being in CMU. As in, very different environments. Obviously, NUS is much bigger than CMU, both in the physical sense and in terms of student population. I think I still prefer CMU cos NUS just feels too big, and perhaps too distant, for my liking.

Anyway, saw lots of familiar faces at NUS. People that I "know", but don't really know personally. Met Ai Lian for an early lunch and had a good talk with her. Was supposed to meet Deborah after that, so while I was waiting for her, I saw Jessie and Wendy walking to the LT!! Haha they were quite surprised to see me..talked to them for a while. Was supposed to meet Allison too with Deborah, but Ally was late, so Deborah did her work while waiting for Ally. Medicine is really tough! So many readings and the notes are so so thick! You know, I really cannot imagine getting down to work next week. I'm still in holiday mood and I think it will take a while to get out of it. Sigh. Anyway, after Allison finally came, we went over to the NUH canteen and had mango dessert. And I met Amelia, my tennis teammate, there! Haha. Talked to her for a while too. It was good to meet up with Deborah and Allison again before I go back. Jessica came over in the evening and talked to her for quite a bit too. I haven't seen her in like 3 weeks and it feels kind of weird cos I've been seeing her like almost every minute for the past year! Haha.

My cousin Nicole came over to my place last Thursday and Friday. She is so tall!!! She's already 1.61m even though she's only 12! She commented that she does not like shopping in Bangkok and prefers shopping in Singapore. Most of my Singaporean friends prefer shopping in Bangkok cos the things there are much cheaper. Kind of interesting to see the different perspectives on shopping from people who live in different countries.

Nicole also speaks with an American accent and when I brought her along to meet a few friends, it was obvious that she was speaking differently in a very American way. Her accent just stood out from the way the rest were speaking. I guess, in a way, that sort of reminded me about the way I speak over there. About how the way I speak (in a very Singaporean way) also stands out if I speak with a group of Americans. Actually, I missed hearing the Singapore accent and all the Singlish words when I was over there. I also found it rather disturbing that I had to speak to Nicole differently, in a slightly Americanized way, so that she would understand better, and I spoke to the rest in my normal way. You know, I realize that I speak Chinese in a very English way, I speak Indonesian in a very Singaporean way and at this rate, I won't be surprised if I find myself speaking English in a very "rojak" way, a mix of Singaporean/American accent. Haha.

I haven't played tennis, or exercised, over the past week. All because I'm still sick and have not fully recovered yet. I really miss miss playing tennis and I can't wait to play again. Still on tennis, was watching Roddick in his semifinal match yesterday and he is really on form. His serve and his forehand! Heh..I don't mind getting to watch him play during US Open.

I'm really really very very irritated with my cough/flu. I have almost recovered, but not fully recovered yet, so I still have to take medicine, avoid eating fried/spicy food and drinking cold drinks. I'm rather worried I won't be fully recovered by the time I fly off on Wednesday, but I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Being sick really sucks partly cos I can't eat all the food I want to eat. But my mum was nice enough to cook for me my favorite Indonesian foods for dinner tonight, even though some of them are fried. Haha. Soto, fried chicken, fried mpek mpek, tempe. Whee! The only food I must try before going back is terang bulan. But with the chocolate and cheese, I don't think I can eat much of it. Blah.

EPL has started! And MU won big..5-1! Came home late from dinner and only started watching the match from like 25th minute onwards. Thought that I wouldn't miss much of the match, but I was so wrong. They were like 4-0 up within the first 20 minutes la. But got to see all the goals in the end. My mum still disapproves of me watching soccer, but I told her that that was the only match I would get to watch before I go back and I won't get to watch much soccer over there. Haha. Oh well.

I can't believe that I only have one more full day here. Okay, Wednesday is not really counted cos I'll be leaving early in the morning. I really really don't want to leave. Been really enjoying life at home, just slacking and relaxing. I don't even feel a tinge of excitement about going back and starting a new sem. I hope I will be able to settle down quickly enough and get myself mentally prepared for the new sem.

2 CMU friends have replied to my MSN nick: "Goodbye". Like what the heck! Haha. My msn nick, by the way, is "There is no easy way to say goodbye", taken from song lyrics. Whatever.

I know I should resume packing, but I don't have the mood to. Okay I just need to stuff all my things into the bags, but I am just so lazy! Always very last-minute huh. Also probably cos I really don't want to leave. Ah well.

posted by vivien at 10:21 AM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger