design'by*blackraeyn;

Saturday, September 30, 2006

It's really amazing how things can quickly turn around in such a period of time. But I have discovered that I have the freedom to choose the way I want to live and how my life turns out to be depends on my choice, on how I want to live it.

The bus ride to Strip District yesterday basically calmed me down and helped me get out of my state of downward spiral. It was such a different experience to be going to Strip by myself (normally, would go there with a few friends). The bus ride was quiet and peaceful at the same time, and I had the time needed to reflect on what have been an insane past few days.

I could have gone on and on complaining about having to make the extra trip down yesterday, but what use would it be? I realized that complaining about things just makes everything worse and makes me feel even worse. I should learn to appreciate the little things in life and enjoy the beauty that life has to offer because something positive, no matter how small or insignificant it is, can go a long way to improve my mood. Like what a friend wrote, I should really stop complaining and instead, start appreciating things.

I also could not help but reflect on my lousy time management skills. If I had managed my time better, it wouldn't have been such a crazy last few days, because I wouldn't have had to do my work so last-minute. It wouldn't have been such a mad rush and I wouldn't have had to sleep late and feel so lethargic (and so "dead"). All those thinking about dropping a course when I'm actually doing all right in all of them would have been unnecessary. I know I can handle 6 courses, no matter how insane it seems, cos well, after all, I managed to do it last sem. I'm just gonna do my best and fight it through and not slack.

Thinking about all this time management thing reminded me of what a friend said when he tried to teach me about how to manage my time. Something about dividing and prioritizing the things you have to do into 4 categories: important & urgent, important but not urgent, urgent but not important, and not important not urgent. Of course, I haven't really applied them yet. To me, what matters most is that things get done, no matter how late they are done. But obviously, that is not the best approach.

Oh well. To that friend of mine..you know, I really admire the way you manage your time. It's like you have everything in control and you have time to do so many things, to take a break and of course, get enough of your beauty sleep. Haha.

It hit me yesterday that not sleeping enough really makes you age. I think the past week has been the most tired/lethargic I have felt this semester, even though last week was not the first time I have been sleeping late. But during probability lesson, I suddenly realized that sleeping late seems to give me the impression that I don't get much rest, that so many things have happened in one day that makes it seem as if they have happened over a much longer period of time, hence the reason why I feel so much older. It seems as though you have lived through a much longer period of time.

I saw a glimpse of the Pittsburgh skyline and the tall buildings yesterday when I was at Strip District. And now, I feel like going to Station Square and going up the incline again! To see the view from above, the beautiful night skyline and glittering lights, and to enjoy the peace that I get looking and enjoying the breathtaking scenery. I hope to be able to witness the sunset from Mount Washington one day or to watch fireworks lighting up the night sky again. Or perhaps, share the beautiful moment high up with someone that I love. (Okay..why am I thinking about all this romantic stuff now? Haha). Anyhow, anyone up for a ride up the incline sometime soon?

Ah well. I shall stop musing about things now. Next week is, fortunately, not as busy for me. Then again, that was what I thought this week would be too and look what happened in the end. It may seem deceptively less busy, but if I get down to slacking over the weekend and doing things last minute, then it certainly will be another mad rush towards the end of next week. Let's see how next week goes.

posted by vivien at 8:45 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger