design'by*blackraeyn;

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Daylight savings has just ended. Which probably means that winter is coming soon. Which also reminds me that I should probably bring a camera out one of these days to take pictures of the pretty leaves in their bright colors and the beautiful fall scenery.

Weather has been very weird this week. Apparently, there was hailstorm yesterday. I missed it because I was indoors at that time and did not hear the rain outside. But really, hailstorm (and for that matter, snow) and it's only October?? And today, it was very very windy. We played tennis (in below-10 temperature..shows how much I've grown accustomed to the cold here) and it was really really hard to play with the crazy wind out there.

MU is doing so well now! They just beat Bolton 4-0 and Rooney scored a hat-trick! But the Steelers are doing so poorly. They just lost another game today and are now down to 2-5 for the season. Come on Steelers! Speaking of which, I have told myself that I must watch a Steeler game when I'm here, and also a music concert. Justin Timberlake is coming here in March!! I'm half thinking of going for it, but I'm waiting to see if there are any others coming here.

I'm very amused by the people who are doing all sort of things to tempt me and make me eat/drink all the stuff that I consider sinful. Haha. On Friday, on the way from booth meeting, Desmond and Aaron were trying their hardest to make me buy the cookies&cream drink from Entropy. The way they were describing and mimicking how nice the drink was was just hilarious. When that failed, they purposely walked to Craig Street instead of taking the shortcut so that we could walk past Starbucks and that somehow, I'll be tempted to buy hot chocolate. Hahaha. And then yesterday, Aaron and Mingwei tried to make me eat lots of Ruffles when we were watching movie. Ruffles is my favorite brand for chips, but I was very full yesterday, so didn't really eat a lot. But it was still funny. Mingwei poured out chips for himself, then he poured for me too, and decided that he must pour more for me. In the end, the two guys ended up eating more chips than me. Haha. And now, 2 friends have put food as their msn nicks! Ugh. That being said though, I know I can resist the temptation when I want to.

Anyway, I've been rather amused easily by random stuff (and probably amusing others along the way) I have no idea why. Haha.

Spring schedule is out and it's time to register for classes soon. I've more or less decided that I will probably only take 5, and have settled on 3 of them. I still haven't made up my mind on the other 2. One will be a psych course (and I have 2 or 3 choices), and the other will be a stats or econs course for my depth. This is what happens when you have so many possible combinations. Sigh.

I still have to decide whether I want to go to New York for Futures in Finance, which is basically interview for summer internships in New York. The thing is, the interview is on the day I'm supposed to go back. Argh. I think I should go for the interview, but I wanna go back (asap) too!
I just hate making decisions. I'm the sort who is really scared that I will make the wrong decision and that I will regret my decision. I know it's not a good way to look at it. I mean we can't be right all the time..we'll probably make a few mistakes along the way. But I just can't seem to let go if something goes wrong. Sometimes I wish I don't have to make that many decisions and that my life path has been decided for me. Then again, I don't think I'll be very happy if I have no freedom to choose, will I? Ah well.

I realize I am very fussy when it comes to the movies that I watch. Horror shows are a no-no for me because I don't see the point in making myself scared when I know that I'm the type of person who gets scared rather easily. My favorite genre is romantic comedies. I can't really explain why I like romantic comedies so much. I guess I just like the happy, sweet, fairytale, sometimes unrealistic endings such movies usually have. But recently, I have grown to also like movies that have bittersweet endings and movies that really tug at my heartstrings and make me cry. It seems that I've been on the verge of tears, if not cried, when watching movies lately. I wonder why.

Something that I read from a friend's blog:
The funny thing about human relationships is that we all react in different ways to different people, because we are essentially individuals with different thoughts, values, feelings and experiences. That streak of similarity you share with this friend may not be found on another, yet with the other, you share something else parallel.
That's kind of true, isn't it? Like how you can be close friends with two people, but you relate to each one differently. Or I guess to put it differently, the foundation of the friendship that you have with each one is different. It's like how you do certain stuff with one friend, and you do other stuff with another friend; say certain stuff to one and another to the other; and how you feel comfortable sharing something with one friend, and may not be totally comfortable sharing the same thing with the other. And I guess it's the same if you look at it from the other person's point of view.

posted by vivien at 11:21 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger