design'by*blackraeyn;

Monday, October 09, 2006

It has been a long and quite bad day today. Screwed up my probability and macroecons midterms. I still have to go for class later and write my psych paper tonight. Bleah.

Oh well. I realize my past few entries have been complaining about schooolwork, which is well, just depressing. So I'm gonna try to write about other stuff now, which is hopefully less depressing.

My brother scored an amazing 91 for his combined humans prelim! I'm really very proud of him. He is right now still deciding on which JC to go to and which subject combination to take. I remember going through all that 4 years ago. That seems like light years away. Well, you know how people always say it is better to plan early and have an idea of what you would want to do later on in life? I remember I had already thought of what I would want to do. But at such an age, who whould be able to know for sure? I have changed my mind a few times since then and even now, I'm still uncertain. Well, much more decided than last time in the sense that I know that I would want a career in finance, but if the going gets tough, if I don't understand what's going on in class, I still question myself whether I have made the right choice. Ah well. I guess you just have to have some confidence in yourself to a certain extent.

Went bowling yesterday and bowled 2 games. I haven't bowled for quite a while, so it took me some time to get used to bowling again. Something I discovered yesterday, which probably would not have been so surprising: I bowl and release the ball like I hit a forehand in tennis. I guess I have really been playing tennis a lot huh. My first game was pathetic, but my second game was much better..I almost doubled my score. And I had 2 strikes, which was a nice surprise.

MAF was last Friday and SSA bought mooncakes. I only ate like 1/8 slice of a mooncake though. Hwa Chong also had MAF and from what I have heard, it was good. Ah..how I wish I could be back and gone for MAF..

After that, we had a KTV session. Sort of. And we sang Chinese songs all the way. Of course, I didn't know most of the songs, so I didn't sing a lot. When I tried to "sing" the few Chinese songs that I know, I practically butchered the songs haha. Well, I guess it will take some time for me to learn all the words to a song. I really do miss ktv-ing. Singing with the crazy bunch of people haha. Oh well. I hope we can find a proper ktv place here and sing, for once, English songs!!

You know what I said a few weeks back about child psych being my favorite course? I take that back now. Discrete-time finance is now my favorite! Ok this may sound very geeky, but whatever. Haha. I love Hrusa and the way he teaches, which makes everything so much easier to understand. We are learning American options now and the reason why it is interesting is that the stuff we are learning now is quite practical. I told Hrusa last week that I'm interested in TA-ing 21270 next sem. And apparently I'm the 6th person to tell him so! And they only need 3 TAs for the course. Let's just see what happens.

Still thinking about whether I should drop child psych or not. The main reason is that I don't seem to have enough time and I seem to always be rushing around doing all the work. Not to mention that the workload (the midterms, homework deadlines) are insane insane insane! Oh well, I shall not dwell on that. I'm just gonna wait and pray and ask other people for advice.

Now that my mood seems to have improved slightly, I do hope that this week will be a much better, and less stressful, week.

posted by vivien at 6:05 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger