design'by*blackraeyn;

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Love, it has so many beautiful faces
Sharing lives and sharing days
My love it had so many empty spaces
I'm sharing a memory now
I hope that's how it stays

The first verse of Gary Barlow's Forever Love. The song has been stuck in my head ever since I heard it for the first time two weeks ago. I think I'm actually even looping the song..well, okay, at most 3 times haha. I don't really wanna play it too many times in case I get sick of it. But I don't know, for some strange reason, the song still touches my heart.

Course registration today and it didn't really go that smoothly for me, but ah well. I've just discovered that I can actually graduate with both business and econs minors! But I'm not sure if graduating with 2 minors is weird.

I read on WSJ today that there is a new range of credit cards with coffee smell!! I can't imagine having a credit card which smells of caffeine!! Haha.

I keep on forgetting that the new season of OC has started. Ugh ugh. I think it's now 3 episodes into the new season, so it's not too late to catch up. Still reeling from the shocker from last season's finale, in which Marissa (one of the main characters) died, so she's no longer going to be in the show. It sucks that OC clashes with Survivor (I think). Bleah. And I haven't watched Desperate Housewives for a few weeks now too.

It's gonna be a busy busy busy next few days ahead for me. 2 IM ping pong matches tomorrow, accounting midterm on friday (which I'm quite worried about), math finance assignment due on monday (and it's still bugging me! i hate the feeling of being near, yet so far..) and ktv on saturday (yay! but english songs please..). Oh well.

Anyway, over the past few days, I have realized that I'm indeed really blessed and there are many things I should actually be thankful for. It's easy to complain, get frustrated and depressed, blame everyone around you but yourself, when things aren't going so well. And then you start questioning why He has done this to me, why everything must be going from bad to worse, why something cannot go right for once, that sort of stuff. But I guess I have the tendency to magnify the horrible little things that happen to me and yet when the good things happen, I just look at them fleetingly, as if expecting that good things should be happening to me all the time. My point is, for every one "bad" thing, there is also a "good" thing, if not more, that has happened to me. I'm certain that there are millions of things that I should be thankful for, but instead, I'm actually complaining for more and not really appreciating the rich blessings that have been provided to me. I know I have said this many times before, but I haven't really changed my attitude yet, and I really should.

The first time I watched the Father's Love Letter in church, I was on the verge of tears. Today, when I watched it the second time, it was the same, and I could not hold back my tears. The Father's Love Letter is basically just a collection of scriptures that have been paraphrased to serve as encouragement and as a reminder that God loves us and desires to be our Father. I really find the message very powerful and when I watched it each time, it felt as if the Lord was speaking directly to me, prompting me not to wait any longer to seek Him. I have always been Father, and will always be Father. My question is..will you be my child? I am waiting for you. It reminds me of what Esther said during cell once, that Jesus is always waiting by the fireplace for us and everytime we walk out from our doors, He would call out to us, but most of us would just ignore Him and continue with our busy lives. Yet Jesus will always be sitting by the fireplace, waiting for the time when we finally have the time to acknowledge Him and to respond to His call. It really makes me feel bad because I have been guilty of this countless times. The thing is, we don't know how much longer we have before it is too late for us to change.

posted by vivien at 9:56 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger