design'by*blackraeyn;

Monday, February 05, 2007

Today has been a VERY cold day. Temperature of about -16 degrees, but it feels like -25 degrees because of the wind. And it's not even snowing! I guess this is the coldest I have ever felt here and the cold just dampens my spirit and makes me in no mood to do any meaningful stuff.

Not only that, I have been feeling rather cold inside too. If you get what I mean. I think it's because there is a certain nervousness inside, a feeling of uncertainty and feeling very unsure of yourself. Interview tomorrow and yes, I am feeling very nervous about it. Maybe I shouldn't put too much pressure on myself to do well for the interview. And it's not only the interview. I was very nervous about teaching the problem session about matrix too. I guess I have always been a self-conscious person, so I was thinking about how the students would view me as a TA if I don't really know how to do a question or I don't explain well. I mean I know the feeling of having a lousy TA and I don't want to be a lousy TA. Oh well.

Other than that, I think school has so far been pretty okay for me. No doubt there are lots of things to do, especially since I have to teach and grade homework now, but I am slowly learning to be more disciplined and to manage my time better. All my homeworks, except for readings, are due on Friday and yes, so far, Thursday nights have been pretty insane with all the rush to clear the work. Hopefully that will slowly change. But I think I have taken things pretty easy, either that or I just can't be bothered, because even when I still have a lot of work to do, I don't really get that stressed compared to last time. I even started a homework on Friday itself last week but luckily, I managed to finish it.

The good news is, I have been getting enough sleep over the past week. 7 hours at least from Sunday to Wednesday nights. I have been falling asleep rather early too, like around 11, I'll be nodding off already, so I usually sleep by 1. Well, I guess the sleeping schedule so far is good cos I have long days in school, so I don't really feel that tired.

Classes are pretty okay too. I kind of enjoy all my classes this semester. The hardest/craziest has to be my finance class, cos I am learning VERY math stuff and it is all new/very complicated to me, things like stochastic calculus, Brownian motion and what not. But David (who is also a comp finance major) and I agreed that nothing can be as crazy as the probability course we took last sem. My favorite classes (okay I have 2) are International Money & Finance (or conveniently shortened as IMF haha) and Personality. The professor for IMF used to work in Federal Reserves and he knows Alan Greenspan very well and the stuff we are doing now is just very interesting. Personality is very slack, but again, I find the stuff interesting too. Stats is okay too..the stuff is pretty boring, but we have a good prof. My least favorite class is perhaps OR (Operations Research), just because I have no idea what is going on in the class. Maybe I should read up haha. And the prof is very boring too and speaks in a monotonous way. But he let us off 30min earlier today because the classroom was too cold! Haha.

Jakarta has been flooding for a few days now and a friend asked me yesterday whether my family is all right. I stupidly realized then that I have no idea at all because I have not spoken to my dad in a while, and I felt so guilty. My mum just left for Singapore (and Shanghai with my brother), so I just assumed that everything back home is all right. Just goes to show that my dad and I are not very close. I really felt bad about it, so I decided to call him just now, and thankfully, everything is all right, even though I think the phone lines are affected cos I kept getting cut off just now.

Lost my right contact lens over the weekend while washing it and it just went down the sink. Was quite irritated with myself because I did such a stupid thing. But oh well, what to do? I guess I'll just have to make do with specs for the time being. Can't believe that I've gotten rather vain because I just cannot imagine myself not wearing contacts at all!

Hmm thought blogging will make me feel better, but evidently it hasn't. Still feeling rather shaky inside. I really should stop feeling nervous and calm down. Sigh. I guess it's just everything that I'm going through right now. Somehow I think that I'm starting to lose control of my feelings.

Maybe you are right. Maybe I do need that to make me feel less down/discouraged. Ah well, we'll see what happens. Right now though, I just wish that the weather would get warmer soon.

posted by vivien at 10:03 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger