design'by*blackraeyn;

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I can't believe how absent-minded I am today! First, I left my purse behind when I went out and only realized it during lunch when I was about to pay and discovered I had left it behind. Then I rushed home to get it, took the elevator up, quickly got out, ran to our side of the apartment and saw that the door was open! Got a scare cos I thought I had locked the door when I left, only to realize I had gotten off the wrong floor! So I took the stairs up, grabbed my purse and ran to the lift, before I realized I had forgotten to bring my ipod too (wanted to bring my ipod so that I could listen to music on the long walk home from school). So I had to go back to get it. And that's not all. The best part was just now, after my meeting and while I was waiting for Jessica to finish up, I suddenly looked at my bag and realized that I had left my laptop charger behind! Got quite panicky because I needed someone to let me into the meeting place. Called Liz, who had access to the place, but she was not at home; luckily, there were people in the lounge so I could get my charger. What a day.

I think there are probably too many things on my mind right now. Packing and moving have been driving me insane. It's not the actual packing, but rather, it's how I'm going to ship my stuff back. I finally gave them a call yesterday and hopefully, it will be settled by the end of the week. And I guess something else has been occupying my mind that I probably shouldn't think about too much. I would like to think that I'm the sort of person who is able to let some things slide by. But I guess what hurts is knowing that the trust that has been developed is potentially damaged, and how this whole situation turns out can basically affect my friendships with other people and influence how my friends think of me (my honesty/integrity is at stake here). I know I shouldn't let this affect me too much and what has been done is done. Hopefully, I will be able to look past this, leave it as it is and forgive and forget.

Anyway, the past two weeks (since I last wrote) have been such a blur, especially last week. I was so busy with my presentations, meetings, tests and schoolwork that the fact it was my last week of classes was basically the last thing on my mind. And I was sick too. But it's all over now and I guess the fact that there are no more (college) classes, that I am a senior and about to graduate, have all finally started to sink in for me. For once, I'm actually excited about graduation, instead of not wanting to graduate and dreading it. It was also a bittersweet end to the week. We had our SSA end-of-sem dinner, my last SSA event here. And then a final "group meeting" with my two project mates, whom I've become quite close to after taking the same classes for the past few semesters. They are such funny people and they never fail to amuse me, which really made meetings more interesting and less dull, even if there were a lot of work to be done. Got a graduation present from them, in the form of a Class of 2008 shot glass! (Nice work guys haha). And then my cell group made a farewell lunch and whipped a fantastic chocolate dessert for my cell leader and I, who are both graduating. I've become a lot closer with and gotten to know my cell group people better over the past year. I'm quite blessed and thankful to have committed to cell group because I feel I have learned a lot from both bible study and sharing, especially this semester.

This week has been relatively quiet in comparison. Honestly, it's been a case of finding things to do to occupy my time with. Of course, I knew I had to start packing and sorting my stuff out, but it was very difficult to get going. But anyway, I have done as much packing as I can possibly do and I'm not going to bother with it again until after my finals are over. It was really interesting though to discover the stuff I have accumulated over the past few years. My stack of handwritten notes from various classes, old papers from classes I took in freshman year like I&A, random souvenirs that I keep (Christina Aguilera concert ticket, Washington Monument brochure, Magic Kingdom entry ticket, etc). I have also kept every single card/note received in college, and even the farewell cards and notes I had gotten while coming here for the first time, and also photo albums of the past few semesters here. I also realized I still have my admission letters to CMU! And a copy of last year's Tartan that I appeared in. Haha. The sentimental side of me couldn't bear to throw them away, but of course, I had to throw away quite a few stuff.

Been really feeling quite unmotivated and slack. I think this is probably the most relaxed I've felt during finals week. Only have 2 finals to sit for, and my first one is on Friday! I guess I should probably start studying soon though. The finals take up quite a big percentage of my grade and I really want to do my best just because it is my last finals and I want to end my last semester on a high note!

posted by vivien at 10:25 PM




Comments: Post a Comment


Links

03S69
02S69
04S69
anna
bernard
bernice
bingyi
charlene
chris
eline
grace
guanhow
huishan
jessie
jiaqi
jinyong
lide
lihao
marcus
michelle
shiping
vincent
wendy
xiaowei
yanxi
yoong siang
zherui
zhimei


Archives

March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008


Credits

psychotic-sanity, the designer.
Toastsnatcher, Peachblush
& magicbox for the brushes.
Dorkette, for some codings.
Photobucket, for imagehosting.
Blogskins & Blogger